On International Tiger Day the Heritageans took out a cycle rally to promote the cause Of “Save Our Tigers” an initiative of NDTV and AIRCEL.JULY 2015
The school under the aegies of municipal corporation Jammu, conducted a Quiz Competitition to propage the massage of Swachh Bharat Mission.MAY 2015
On the occasion of earth hour 60+, which is organized worldwide, the Heritageans presented orchestra cum choir with “We are the world” signifying the vision of earth hour to demand action on climate change.OCTOBER 2014
On the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Heritageans along with the whole nation took oath and reiterated ethos of Sardar Patel to fight against dividing forces and stand for a united india before venturing on a “Run for Unity”.
From the session 2013-14 the School has joined hands with the NDTV initiative to promote sports by giving academic advantage to the Students.
The school has joined hands with various National and State level agencies to bring children into direct contact with the environmental problems and various socio – economic issues of the society they line in. It is an endeavor to make them think of solution and make positive contributions to the society so that they grow up as responsible and empathetic citizen.
- The Heritage School is working in collaboration with J&K Pollution Control Board; Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India; Directorate of Ecology and Remote Sensing, J&K. Under their guidance, the school undertakes various programmes to generate environment awareness.
- Saplings are planted on Van Mahotsav every year.
- Students are maintaining a botanical garden.
- In 2010, on Earth Day, a door-to-door campaign was conducted by the students from the senior wing to propagate the use of CFL’S in place of incandescent bulbs.
- Save the Tiger: - Heritage School supported NDTV in its campaign to “Save the TIger”. School joined hands with NDTV in its signature campaign against poaching of its finest fauna of nature i.e Tiger.
- A rally was taken out in green Belt Park , Gandhi Nagar where in young students of Kindergarten section and primary wing urged the residents to ‘SAY NO TO POLYTHENE BAGS’ and to use environment friendly products like paper bags and jute bags.
- On 22nd March, 2011 a rally was taken out in Sainik Colony to make the residents aware of 60th Earth Hour Day Celebration, under which all households were asked to switch off their lights for one hour at night.
- The School has the distinction of being affiliated to INTACH, New Delhi, a premier organization of the country dedicated to Heritage conservation and awareness.